Wall of Fame
To recognize and honor the accomplishments of outstanding athletes, teams, coaches, and major contributors to Phoenix Athletics and develop pride in the rich athletic traditions at Phoenix. It is our hope not only to recognize and develop appreciation for the history of Phoenix athletics, but also inspire future athletes to strive for greatness. These role models exemplify the Phoenix School District’s commitment to academics, community and athletic excellence.
Athlete – Must have graduated at least 10 years ago by June or the current year*
Considerations: State Champion, All-State, All-America, school record holder, multi-sport accomplishments, good moral character
Coach – Must have retired 5 years ago by June of the current year*Considerations: Years of service, number of seasons, number of sports, good moral character, wins
Team – Accomplishments 10 years ago or more by June of the current year
Considerations: State Qualifiers, Sectional Champions, League Champions, Undefeated seasons, team sportsmanship, community service
Special Contributor – Accomplished 10 years ago or more by June of the current year*
Considerations: Distinguished service to the athletic program, Significant contributions to athletics
*Posthumous candidates accepted
Unsuccessful nominees will be considered for 3 additional years before they would need to be re-submitted.
March 1 Deadline for nominations
March Nominations sent to all committee member for review prior to meeting
April Committee finalizes new inductees. Inductees announced and invited to induction ceremony
June Induction ceremony for recipients
- The Phoenix Central Schools Athletic Wall of Fame was established in 2022 to recognize and honor the accomplishments of outstanding athletes, teams, coaches and any other persons who have made a significant contribution to Phoenix athletic programs, or who have graduated from Phoenix and have gone on to make noteworthy contributions in the world of sports.
- To enhance the current students and athletes understanding and appreciation for the history of Phoenix athletics.
- It is our hope that in honoring our Wall of Famers, we will not only preserve the rich sports history of PCSD, but also inspire future athletes to strive to one day take their place among the Hall of Famers.
- The Committee shall consist of a maximum of 6 voting members: in addition to the Athletic Director, who will serve as a permanent non-voting member of the Committee and who will act as the facilitator.
- Members of this committee must have a strong background/interest in Phoenix athletics. A member cannot vote for himself/herself or a family member. Voting on all issues will take place during the formal meeting.
- Nominations will be taken at any time from anyone who fills out the proper forms. All nominations will be turned in to the current Athletic Director of Phoenix Central School District, 552 Main St Phoenix, New York 13135. Forms may also be submitted via email.
- Nominations must be received by March 1st to be considered for the current year selection. Nominations received after March 1st will be held until the following year.
- Once a person or team has been nominated, they will be eligible for the voting ballot. A person or team can remain on the voting ballot for up to three (3) years. They will be removed from the ballot after this three (3) year period if they have not been inducted.
- Inductees will be announced and notified by April 15th. A ceremony will be held each year in conjunction with the Senior Athletic Awards Banquet.
- The funding of the plaques and ceremonies will be provided by the Phoenix Sports Boosters.
- An inductee may be removed from the Hall of Fame by the Committee, with Board of Education approval, for conduct unbecoming a Phoenix Hall of Fame.