STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES REGULATION
If a student becomes ill in school:
1. The nurse will determine if the student should remain in the dispensary or return to class.
2. The nurse will call the parent, guardian or substitute parent if he/she feels the student should go home. In general, a parent will pick up the student from school.
3. The nurse will contact the Building Principal if he/she feels the child should be transported by bus to the home. One run per day will be provided at 12:30 p.m. only. If the student is not to be taken to his/her home, the parents are responsible for designating a location within the school district where the student is to be left.
4. If there is to be a change in bus routing in order to carry the student to his/her home, that decision will be made by the administrator and the transportation supervisor.
5. If the route is to be changed, the transportation supervisor shall inform the bus driver.
6. Parental responsibility for supervision of the student begins immediately upon the student being discharged at his/her home or an alternate location designated by the parent.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993