CORPORAL PUNISHMENT COMPLAINTS REGULATION
No person employed or engaged by the Phoenix Central School District shall inflict or cause to be inflicted any act of physical force upon a student for the purpose of punishing the student.
In the event that physical force is used, the following procedures have been adopted for the investigation of complaints about the use of corporal punishment by district personnel:
1. district personnel receiving any such complaint shall file a written report with the Superintendent of Schools immediately;
2. the report shall relate all relevant details of the incident, including what action was taken, why the action was taken, and what measures, if any, had been taken to prevent the need for such action;
3. the report will be kept on file and be made available to the parent, upon request;
4. the complainant shall be afforded an opportunity to have a conference with the Superintendent;
5. the Superintendent shall take such further steps as may be necessary to investigate the complaint; and
6. the Superintendent shall file such reports about the complaints received as may be required by the State Education Department.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993