A school census will be taken according to law which will include all minors between birth and 18 years of age and will particularly note any children between birth and 21 years of age who have physical or mental disabilities.
Regarding children with disabilities, the Board will maintain a register containing:
1. child's name, address and birthdate;
2. child's parent's names, address(es), and the dominant language of the child's home;
3. child's suspected disability(ies);
4. dates of referral, evaluations, recommendations of the Committee on Special Education, actual placement and
annual program reviews;
5. physical location where child is currently receiving an education program;
6. the data, organized so that it can readily be determined whether the child is receiving an appropriate public
education, a partial education or no education at all;
7. and the reason, in writing why the child is not receiving an appropriate public education.
Ref: Education Law '3242
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: February 4, 2003