LINE AND STAFF RELATIONS
The following principles shall govern the administrative operation of the school system:
1. The Superintendent of Schools shall have specific responsibility for overseeing the district educational
2. Responsibility shall flow from the Board of Education, to the Superintendent, to Building Principals, to
3. Each member of the staff shall be informed as to whom he/she is responsible and for what functions.
4. Whenever possible, each member of the staff shall be made responsible to only one immediate supervisor
for any one function.
5. Each staff member shall be informed as to whom he/she can appeal in case of disagreement with an
6. Each staff member shall be informed as to whom he/she should report to for help in carrying out his/her
Line of Responsibility
Each employee in the school system shall be responsible to the Board through the Superintendent.
All personnel shall refer matters requiring administrative action to the administrative officer immediately in charge of the area in which the problem arises.
Administrative officers shall refer such matters to the next higher authority when deemed necessary.
All employees shall have the right to appeal any decision made by an administrative officer to the next higher authority and through appropriate successive steps to the Board.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: March 19, 2003