The Board of Education recognizes that the quality of the district's schools is in large measure dependent upon securing maximum use of all members of the management team, which consists of the Superintendent of Schools and the administrative staff. The management team concept is recognized as an arrangement for responsible and appropriate involvement of management personnel in decision making. The Board believes the team approach to management best capitalizes upon the joint strengths of individual managers and others in cooperative decision making.
The management team shall consist of:
1. Business Administrator;
2. Director of Secondary Education;
3. Principals and Assistant Principals;
4. Director of Pupil Personnel Services and Special Education;
5. Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics;
6. Custodial Supervisor;
7. Supervisor of Transportation; and
8. Supervisor of Cafeteria.
The members of the team act in an advisory capacity and participate in decision making when appropriate. Among the management team's responsibilities are:
1. to make policy recommendations to the Superintendent and Board as assigned;
2. to develop for Superintendent's approval and Board review, administrative regulations implementing
policy adopted by the Board;
3. to involve other staff members possessing competency in the area under consideration in the
development of district policies and regulations;
4. to interpret and disseminate district policies and programs to other district personnel, students and
5. as assigned by the Superintendent, to be the Board's representative(s) in the administration of district
6. to evaluate proposals made by other employees in negotiations with the Board's designated
representative and to recommend to the Superintendent and Board the district's response to such
7. to serve as support personnel to the district's negotiator.
The Board also encourages a management approach that focuses upon the development and assessment of management objectives supportive of its approved district plan.
The Superintendent is directed to provide for placing into operation the provisions for implementing a management team concept for school administration.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: September 17, 2002