The President and Vice-President of the Board of Education shall be elected by members of the Board at the annual reorganization meeting in July.
Duties of the President of the Board
The duties of the President of the Board shall be as follows:
1. to preside at all meetings;
2. to act as chief fiscal officer of the Board;
3. to execute all documents on behalf of the Board;
4. to appoint all standing and ad hoc committees;
5. to act as an ex-officio member of all committees;
6. to call special meetings he/she considers necessary or on request of one member of the Board;
7. to vote together with other members of the Board;
8. to perform the usual and ordinary duties of the office;
9. to act as temporary chairman of the annual district meeting and special district meetings; and
10. to, along with the other members, offer resolutions, and to discuss questions.
Duties of the Vice-President
The Vice-President shall be authorized to act for the President in case of the President's absence or inability to act, within statutory limitations.
Ref: New York State Constitution, Article 13 §2
Local Finance Law §2.00(5)(e)
Education Law §1709; 2105(6); 2502; 2504; 2553; 2563; 2590-b
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: March 19, 2003