BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
The qualifications of a candidate for the office of member of the Board of Education are that the candidate be:
1. at least eighteen years of age;
2. able to read and write English;
3. a citizen of the United States;
4. a qualified voter of the district; and
5. a resident of the school district for at least one year prior to election.
No employee of the school district may be a member of the Board.
Ref: Education Law §§2102; 2103
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: March 19, 2003