BUILDINGS & GROUNDS SECURITY
The Board of Education shall make every effort to provide a safe and secure environment to all persons (staff, students, and/or visitors), who lawfully enter upon district property or who travel lawfully in district vehicles.
The Board directs the Superintendent of Schools to establish and implement written regulations which will:
1. identify those staff members who will be responsible for the effective administration of the regulations;
2. provide staff time and other necessary resources for the effective administration of such regulations;
3. establish a periodic written review of the activities of the staff to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
4. establish an on-going mechanism to provide effective review of safety and security concerns of staff, students and affected public; and
5. provide for periodic reports to the Board regarding the significant aspects of safety and security of the district.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: March 5, 2001