In all procurement activities, agents of the Board shall:
1. Consider first the interests of the school system and the betterment of its educational program.
2. Endeavor to obtain the greatest value for every tax dollar expended.
3. Give all responsible bidders equal consideration and assurance of unbiased judgment in determining whether their product meets specifications and the educational needs of the school system.
4. Discourage the offer of, and decline, gifts which in any way might influence the purchase of school supplies and equipment.
5. Refrain from soliciting funds or material from vendors, however worthy the purpose.
6. Accord a prompt and courteous reception, insofar as conditions permit, to all who call on legitimate business missions.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: November 25, 2003