FISCAL MANAGEMENT GOALS
The Board of Education recognizes excellent fiscal planning as a key factor in attaining the district's educational goals and priorities. The Board seeks to engage in thorough advance planning of budgets and to devise expenditures which achieve the greatest educational returns given the district's available resources.
It is the intention of the Board that:
1. there will be an equitable balance between the quality of education strived for and the local property tax burden placed on the local taxpayer;
2. all financial obligations of the district will be met on time.
3. all state laws and regulations governing the use of public funds will be adhered to;
4. all district monies shall be expended in an efficient and judicious manner, bringing the greatest benefit to the district;
5. funds for which the district has no immediate need shall be legally invested where they will bring the greatest return;
6. all receipts and expenditures will be recorded fully and in the proper manner;
7. the district will receive all State and Federal funds for which it qualifies pursuant to policy 6200;
8. full information on all district transactions will be available to the public; and
9. all funds, including cash in buildings, extra-classroom account funds, gifts and bequests will be provided maximum protection from misappropriation or theft.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: February 4, 2003