LESSON PLAN RESPONSIBILITY
To help assure the success of any worthy enterprise, adequate planning is necessary. The preparation of lesson plans by each teacher is recognized as one necessary part of the educational process.
Lesson plan books will be provided by the Board of Education for teacher's use.
Lesson plans should:
1. outline the aims and objectives of the course of study being taught, relating them to the educational aims and objectives of the district;
2. provide evidence to the State Education Department that the approved course of study is actually being taught;
3. provide the teacher with guides which assure him/her of attaining short and long range goals;
4. be prepared at least one week in advance;
5. be available to, and followed by, substitute teachers as a guide to insure continuity of instruction during a teacher's absence; and
6. be flexible enough to assure ready adjustment reflecting daily classroom experience.
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: April 8, 2003