The Superintendent of Schools is responsible for evaluating district population and housing trends and making enrollment projections for the district. Enrollment projections will be prepared on a five-year basis and will be reviewed and brought up to date annually.
The projections will take into consideration:
1. data from the latest school census;
2. school registration figures;
3. proposed or forthcoming changes in community planning and zoning;
4. current and planned community land development and housing projects; and
5. curriculum changes that will impact utilization of space.
Whenever construction of new school facilities or the closing of any school buildings is being contemplated, the Board of Education may authorize outside studies made of population trends and school enrollment.
Ref: Education Law §§408; 3240; 3241; 3242
Adoption date: January 1, 1993
Reviewed on: February 4, 2003